Minimum Advertised Price Policy (MAP)
Eyce LLC. is transforming the way consumers enjoy their smoke. We do this by enabling people to create their very own water pipe at home, almost 100% made from ice. Our customers include some of the world's most active and passionate people. The quality of our customers, coupled with their enthusiasm for our brand, virally drives awareness and demand for our products.
What began as an idea to help consumers get away from breaking expensive glass, and dealing with the overwhelming hassle of cleaning dirty glass, turned from extreme to mainstream, professional to consumer, Eyce has enabled the world to enjoy a cold smooth smoke, without the worry of breaking or the hassle of cleaning. And in doing so, the world, in turn, is helping Eyce become one of the most exciting and aspirational companies of our time.
We recognize that our success is tied to the success of our network of select authorized dealers. We also know that many of our dealers invest significant time and resources to deliver an extraordinary customer experience. We want to protect their ability to do so, while at the same time discouraging price-based advertising that would be detrimental to our dealer's service and support efforts. As a result, Eyce has unilaterally established this Minimum Advertised Price (“MAP”) Policy.
2. Policy Statement
Eyce, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to discontinue doing business with any reseller that advertises any product(s) covered by this MAP Policy at a price lower that the MAP.
3. General Guidelines
- The products covered by this policy are listed in Section 6, (“MAP Products”). Eyce may in its sole discretion modify this list from time to time.
- Eyce recognizes that dealers are free to make their own decisions to advertise and sell any Eyce product at any price they choose, without consulting or advising Eyce. Similarly, Eyce will exercise its right to make its own decisions regarding the Eyce Authorized Dealer Policies.
- The MAP Policy applies to advertised prices, not the price at which MAP Products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual in-store or over the telephone.
Eyce believes in maintaining a well regulated and fair marketplace for all its authorized dealers.
4. Advertising Guidelines
- The MAP Policy applies to all advertisements of MAP Products in any and all media, including but not limited to flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, television, radio, and public signage, as well as Internet sites, social media sites, apps, or any other electronic media.
- The MAP Policy does not apply to solely on premise or in-store advertising that is not distributed to customers
- Eyce products can be advertised on authorized dealers sites, but cannot be sold via the e-commerce website or 3rd party websites.
- It shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise that a customer may “call for price” or “email for price”, or to use similar language, specifically with respect to Eyce Products, so long as no price is listed.
- This MAP Policy also applies to any activity which Eyce determines, in its sole discretion, is designed or intended to circumvent the intent of this MAP Policy, such as solicitations for ‘group purchases’ and the like.
- It shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise in general that the reseller has “the lowest prices” or will match or beat its competitors’ prices, or to use similar phrases; so long as the reseller does not include any advertised price below MAP and otherwise complies with this MAP Policy.
- From time to time, Eyce may permit resellers to advertise MAP Products at prices lower than the MAP retail price. In such events, Eyce reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP retail price with respect to the affected products for a specified period of time by providing advance notice to all resellers of such changes.
- From time to time Eyce may offer a direct manufacturer’s rebate to customers. In such events, it shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise the availability of the manufacturer's rebate, provided that:
- i. the advertisement includes a MAP-compliant price, the rebate amount, and the net price after manufacturer's rebate in the same type size and style;
- ii. an asterisk is placed next to the net price after manufacturer's rebate; and
- iii. “*after manufacturer's rebate” appears in the same area of the advertisement as the advertised product.
5. Policy Enforcement
- If a dealer with multiple store locations violates this MAP Policy at any one store location, or on any associated website, then Eyce will consider this to be a violation by the dealer.
- Eyce reserves the right to cancel any pending orders, restrict future orders, or suspend dealers' account if Eyce reasonably believes:
- i. a dealer has violated the provisions of this policy; or
- ii. a dealer intends to violate this policy.
- Eyce's MAP Policy Administrator is solely responsible for determining whether a violation of the MAP Policy as occurred, as well as determining appropriate sanctions.
- Waivers to this MAP Policy may be granted in Eyce's sole discretion by the MAP Policy Administrator in writing. Eyce's Sales, Marketing, or other personnel are not authorized to modify or grant exceptions to the MAP Policy. In the event that the MAP Policy Administrator authorizes a waiver to the MAP Policy, dealers must strictly adhere to the terms of the waiver letter. Deviation from the terms of a waiver letter is a violation of the MAP Policy.
- Eyce monitors the advertised prices of dealers, either directly or via the use of 3rd party agencies or tools. Dealers are expected to provide reasonable cooperation in any Eyce investigations regarding possible MAP Policy violations. Hindering, obstructing, delaying, or otherwise failing to cooperate with a Eyce MAP Policy investigation is a violation of this MAP Policy.
- The MAP Policy will be enforced by Eyce in its sole discretion and without notice. Dealers, distributors, resellers, have no right to enforce the MAP Policy. Violations of this policy may result in any of the aforementioned sanctions up to and including termination of our business relationship, as well as any available remedies at law. All questions related to this MAP Policy should be directed to: email@example.com
6.List of MAP Products
- EYCE 2.0 MOLD AND KIT - $89.99
- EYCE RIG - $49.99
- EYCE EXTRA PIPE KIT - $24.99
- EYCE NINJA SUIT - $19.99